- Operating principles
- Len Lye Centre opens
- Todd Energy wins TRC environmental award
- Todd announces new Vice President NZ Upstream Energy
- Todd Energy Canada investment
- Gas project firing up
- Worker died of natural causes
- Sudden death at rig site
- Todd aiming for full Mangahewa capacity by October
- Todd Energy opens new gas production facility
- New super quiet auto drilling rig arrives at port
- New rig purpose built for Taranaki operations
- Scramble for places in oil-drilling course
- News archive 2013
- News archive 2012
07 October 2014
Todd Energy's McKee Production Station was recognised for continuous high environmental...
15 July 2014
Dr Joanna Breare will join the Todd Corporation as Vice President New Zealand Upstream Energy...
27 June 2014
Todd has acquired a 50% working interest in a liquids rich gas project in British Columbia...
Sudden death at rig site
On Sunday 11 May, an employee of MB Century Ltd. died at Todd Energy’s Mangahewa E well site in Taranaki. MB Century is the contracted operator of the drilling rig currently at that site.
The following is some preliminary information about the incident:
- The person was found at approximately 8:30 am; first aid was administered; an ambulance was called and subsequently the person was pronounced dead by the attending paramedics. At this stage the cause of death is unknown.
- Police and regulatory authorities have been informed and the site has been cordoned off.
- Todd Energy expresses its condolences to the deceased’s family, friends and colleagues.
All further media inquiries should be directed to MB Century CEO, Mr. Marcel Manders, on 021 2900 900 or email@example.com
Paul Moore, CEO, Todd Energy
Community Relations Manager
027 703 8599